Saturday 29 December 2012

Reflective Judgement ( Poem )


I – The Manifestation

A forest, beautiful, resplendent in green vitality spreads out before me,
Gracing human perception with vividness unearthly,
Far from the worries of the dark realm known as the world,
A painting of life going on through eternity
A spectacle, however, doomed to be maligned,
As an unknown insanity adds its own design,
The strokes of a brush wildly swung from left to right
Turn even the greatest beauty into a fright,
Winds, harbingers of sorrow begin to rise
Hostility pervades the peace,
The air is rent with my cries
Upon beholding the Queen of the Night.

II – The Beholding

Paler than white, with tresses darker than black
The demon maid stares at me,
Deep, dark oceans of Evil pulling, drowning my sanity,
I scream, dismayed by the horror of the attack.
A crow clacks menacingly above,
The only life left to the peace
Watching, with a disgusting love
The face of Terror manifest
I behold her once more, even as she beholds me
Her visage a mask that reeks of insincere beauty
Behind it, a stench of age old death, seasoned with pain newly bloodied
With no pretense of austerity

III – The Truth


Unearthly beauty is now unearthly fear,
As the forest that once was fades away
Replaced by an endless void, with darkness ever too near,
Leaving me facing the figure, yet with infinity to stray
As we watch each other, my fear only grows
And I step back, towards oblivion
But strangely, she follows the same action I chose,
Her eyes boring into mine, four black orbs of obsidian
The perilous beauty of the Truth dawns on me,
A bittersweet light amidst the fear,
Only to a mirror did I adhere
All of my horrifying fantasy

No comments:

Post a Comment